JÄGERMEISTER #SAVETHENIGHT RELIEF UPDATE 2020
Since Launching in the US on April 9th, Mast-Jägermeister US has donated over $90,000 in funds by hosting Meister Sessions with Willy Shine. Every Thursday at 8 pm, Brand Meister, Willy Shine, hosts a new creative icon for cocktails and conversation. The Meister of the week chooses a charity, near and dear to their heart, and asks viewers to join Jägermeister in donating. The Meisters involved have been Kid Super, Rich Franklin, Brunch Boys, Mix Master Mike, New York Nico, Nikko Hurtado, and YesJulz.
Among the charities supported have been NYC Health and Hospitals, Direct Relief, ROAR, Vogel Alcove, City Meals, and the Albert Wilson Foundation in Partnership with Handy. This past month we hosted special guests like Halestorm, Chef Chris Santos, and Atiba Jefferson, to name a few. Please follow and tune in to @JagermeisterUSA ‘s live Instagram channel for updates & weekly at 8 pm on Thursday to view, enjoy and DONATE!_______JÄGERMEISTER NATIONAL LOCAL TRADE & ACCOUNT RELIEF.
Support both accounts and the local Heart of House staff when they need it most. MJUS Field Sales and HQ staff actively give back to their local communities and key accounts with bartender lunches, take-out meals, and to-go cocktail purchases. We anticipate 5300+ meals from April – July 2020.
As part of the #SAVETHENIGHT program, Jägermeister US has taken careful consideration in the best way to help our extended family, our bartenders. Last month, you might remember Mast-Jägermeister donated $100k to the USBG Bartender’s Emergency Assistance Fund, and this month, our field staff began to assist by helping with meals locally. To date, approximately $69k in meals have been distributed to bartenders across the nation in need. In addition, Jägermeister has also begun commissioning our trade partners to create unique cocktails at home as part of a social media series; to date, over 500 bartenders have been involved on behalf of the brand. Please lookout for more bartender content opportunities via email, coming soon.
MEISTER DROP-INS Groups of friends gather on digital platforms such as Zoom, Houseparty, Facetime, and more to drink, play games, stay in touch and keep themselves entertained. In Japan, it‘s called On-Nomi, in China, they call it Cloud Clubbing, and in Europe & the US, we refer to it as Virtual Partying. At the same time, our Meisters, who usually provide the heartbeat of night society, are unable to work, and even where they can work, they‘re finding it hard to find an audience and even harder to make it pay. What is it!? A unique service connecting Meisters from the worlds of mixology, music, and beyond to anyone having a virtual party.
Currently, 15 of them live and have done over 270 posts- leading to 2.2M plus impressions. Here is an example with one of our amazing Meisters, Kid Super, and his Meister Drop-in. He created Kid Super University with over 400 people in attendance and many more in the queue to learn from Colm.
The Meister Drop-In program has seen so much success that we have extended until the end of August with the plan to launch a 2.0 version that will allow us to hold virtual events/private parties/seminars. Stay tuned for more to come!
TREBLE TUESDAYS LIVE STREAM
Performers can no longer utilize shows to get paid and build their audience. We are supporting and helping to Bring back Treble Tuesdays, where it all started.
Week One: Treble kicks this off by announcing their virtual concert series with Jägermeister. Artists apply for one of ten (10) slots per monthly concert.
Week Two: On Tuesday night, a carousel of 10 select performances (shot by the artist from their location) goes live on Treble.com as well as the artists’ social channels, and submissions are ranked based on performance and engagement
Week Three: Winners will be announced along with headliners.
Week Four: Treble Tuesday streaming concert launches on Twitch anchored with larger artist performances to drive maximum traffic to the site and awareness.
FEE: Each artist will be paid a booking fee and a small social budget to promote their content.
Here's an example
HAPPY PRIDE 2020
For several years, Jägermeister has supported LGTQIA+ community through local initiatives. Taking care of key accounts, supporting local pride Meisters.
- 2017 Supporting Big Freedia & Genius event,
- 2018 Treble Pride with Leyna Bloom, Ziggy Mack Johnson, Rainbow. https://www.instagram.com/p/BzHLJOIl2M2/
- 2018 Treble Pride Panel discussion consisting of @toniesha_renee, @rahmbow, @Kennethkyrell, @ellebaness, @dezordie, @James.butler, @ziggymackjohnson, @leynabloom & @maeleyaparker
- Performances by @freakquencee, @babyyors @malibumitch
- 2019 2 Day World Pride event with Henrietta Hudson
2020 Support Initiatives
- Stonewall Inn gives back Live concert relief effort https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wvRinLBbw
- 50% Proceeds of Jägermeister Pride Flags donated to Stonewall Gives Back Initiative
- A Meister Story – Set Free Richardson directed the documentary with Stacy Lentz, Co-owner of Stonewall Inn and LGBTQIA+ Activist
- 2020 Stacy Lentz on Meister Sessions & donation to The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative
- 2020 Highlighting our LQBTQIA+ Meisters on Jägermeister social channels
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Atiba Jefferson joining Meister Sessions was the beginning of our efforts to be more focused on social initiatives / racial injustice and make the donation to a BLM affiliated charity. We will repeat this with Set Free and Simba Sellasie via Meister Sessions over the coming weeks. We are set to close out Sessions by mid-July but may extend it.
Kid Super partnered with Russ to release a BLM-related T-shirt, generating over $700K in sales to date - we will be donating $50K towards the production of the t-shirt as part of our ongoing relationship with him.
In addition, we are looking at existing programs via Save the Night Relief Program with Set Free and Yes Julz to turn those conversations into more socially driven, relevant topics, and our partnerships with Treble and UMGB to be diverse in its casting of talent for all opportunities.
From here, we are looking at how we build values into our decision-making across all channels moving forward – sustainability, human rights, supporting local business, and creative communities should be built into all we do.
We actively listen to our trade partners and colleagues to devise short-term and long-term plans to assist in the reform of social inequalities.
ABOUT #SAVETHENIGHT RELIEF PROGRAM
Nightlife has collapsed almost worldwide during the COVID-19 crisis. The party atmosphere and fun normally reign; millions employed and passionately doing their jobs in clubs, bars, and nightlife-related creative industries now face hard times to make a living. As an iconic nightlife brand, we believe it is now time to give direct support to those meister mixologists, bartenders, musicians, artists, and the people who would normally hang out with their friends, having a good time. Mast-Jägermeister, as a global entity, wanted to make sure we were strategic and holistic in our approach to maximize resources in support of our extended family, the trade, and creative communities.
Helping those in need during this anxious time of social distancing and economic uncertainty is of the utmost importance. As a family-owned company, we are in the "people business" and aiming to support the service professionals who have been affected by this novel Coronavirus; global marketing has developed an exceptional initiative to support as many affected as possible. Over the last month, Mast-Jägermeister US, our parent company Mast-Jägermeister SE along with the Mast Family have made significant contributions, including:
- Donated 5,000 liters of alcohol to the local hospitals in Braunschweig, Germany.
- Donated 1 Million Euros to support the local communities and businesses in Wolfenbüttel, Germany.
- Gin Sul switched its production in Hamburg, Germany, to produce hand sanitizer.
- Purchased lunches for bartender communities in the US for those directly affected by COVID-19.
- Launched the Meister Session series on Instagram, supporting the emerging creative community by offering an outlet platform and by donating to their charity of choice. The program is planned to run for 3 months (perhaps ongoing) and donate $100,000 to 9 different charities.
- Launched #savethenight, a diverse global initiative to help talented artists, creatives, and bartenders with direct financial donations and ongoing online entertainment platforms to generate additional income opportunities.
- Donated $100K to the USBG’s Bartender Emergency Assistance Program and matched up to 50,000 to the end of June.
When all is said and done, Mast-Jägermeister globally, along with micro-funding and partnering with others who reach the nightlife, will invest about $5 Million.
COVID 19 RESOURCES, ARTICLES, PETITIONS & CHARITIES