#SAVETHENIGHT Relief Program 2020
In 2020 a part of #SAVETHENIGHT in the US Mast-Jägermeister US launched Meister Sessions with Willy Shine. The Meister of the week chose a charity, near and dear to their heart, asked viewers to join Jägermeister in donating. The Meisters involved have been KidSuper, Rich Franklin, Brunch Boys, Mix Master Mike, New York Nico, Nikko Hurtado, and YesJulz. Among the charities supported were NYC Health and Hospitals, Direct Relief, ROAR, Vogel Alcove, City Meals, and the Albert Wilson Foundation in Partnership with Handy. This program will run through the summer and likely longer, with more special guests like Halestorm and Chef Chris Santos, to name a few. Please follow and tune in to @JagermeisterUSA ‘s live Instagram channel for updates & weekly at 8 pm on Thursday to view, enjoy and DONATE!
As part of the #SAVETHENIGHT program, Jägermeister US has taken careful consideration in the best way to help our extended family, our bartenders. Last month, you might remember Mast-Jägermeister donated $100k to the USBG Bartender’s Emergency Assistance Fund, and this month, our field staff began to assist by helping with meals locally. To date, approximately $69k in meals have been distributed to bartenders across the nation in need. Also, Jägermeister has begun commissioning our trade partners to create unique cocktails at home as part of a social media series; to date, over 500 bartenders have been involved on behalf of the brand. Please lookout for more bartender content opportunities via email, coming soon.
ABOUT #SAVETHENIGHT RELIEF PROGRAM
Nightlife has collapsed almost worldwide during the COVID-19 crisis. The party atmosphere and fun normally reign; millions employed and passionately doing their jobs in clubs, bars, and nightlife-related creative industries now face hard times to make a living. As an iconic nightlife brand, we believe it is now time to give direct support to those meister mixologists, bartenders, musicians, artists, and the people who would normally hang out with their friends, having a good time. Mast-Jägermeister, as a global entity, wanted to make sure we were strategic and holistic in our approach to maximize resources in support of our extended family, the trade, and creative communities.
Helping those in need during this anxious time of social distancing and economic uncertainty is of the utmost importance. As a family-owned company, we are in the "people business" and are aiming to support the service professionals who have been affected by this novel Coronavirus; global marketing has developed an exceptional initiative to support as many affected as possible. Over the last month, Mast-Jägermeister US, our parent company Mast-Jägermeister SE along with the Mast Family have made significant contributions, including:
• Donated 5,000 liters of alcohol to the local hospitals in Braunschweig, Germany
• Donated 1 Million Euros to support the local communities and businesses in Wolfenbüttel, Germany
• Gin Sul switched its production in Hamburg, Germany, to produce hand sanitizer
• Purchased lunches for bartender communities in the US for those directly affected by COVID-19
• Launched the Meister Session series on Instagram, supporting the emerging creative community by offering an outlet platform and donating to their charity of choice. The program is planned to run for 3 months (perhaps ongoing) and will be donating $100,000 to 9 different charities
• Launched #savethenight, a diverse global initiative to help talented artists, creatives, and bartenders with direct financial donations and ongoing online entertainment platforms to generate additional income opportunities
• Donated $100K to the USBG’s Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
When all is said and done, Mast-Jägermeister globally, along with micro-funding and partnering with others who reach the nightlife, will invest about $5 Million. In the coming weeks, additional opportunities to create cocktails and tell us a bit more about yourselves as community role models will be available to you. Please lookout for more information as these plans develop via email shortly.