Meister-approved cocktails to try for yourself
Welcome to Shift Drink, showcasing and celebrating bartending talent across the country. Shift Drink will bring it with unique and inspiring cocktails created by local bartenders & mixologists, highlighting their cities. Let's visit Miami, FL, with Southern Glaziers WIne & Spirits Mixologist Carla Rivera.
Cocktail: Magic City
- 6-8 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 part Jägermeister Cold Brew
- 1 part Bacardi 4yr
- ½ part Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ part Passion Fruit Puree
- ½ part Orgeat
Garnish: Mint Sprig & Angostura Bitters
Method: Shaken & Strained
Tips & Tricks:
- Smack and tear a healthy handful of fresh mint leaves and put them in a shaker first; muddling is optional. Add all other ingredients to a shaker tin, fill ¾ with ice and shake hard.
- Strain the cocktail over fresh crushed ice and garnish.
- A good hard shake should get you all the mint flavor you need; no need to muddle.
- When pouring over crushed ice, use a double-sided teardrop “spoon” to create a hole that goes to the bottom of the glass for even distribution of liquid.
Scroll down to get to know Carla & make the cocktail!
Photo by Nate Laird @Jagerlifeatx
Hey Carla, what inspired you to create this amazing cocktail?
I love Miami and all that it brings to the table with its lush cultural diversity. First and foremost, the Cafecito IYKYK; if you have never had a hand-whipped Collada made for you, it's time to visit the local ventanita. Next up, The Mojito. In this tropical climate, you can grow mojito mint year-round! With the other tropical flavors of passion fruit and orgeat to balance and round out the coffee & rum, it’s a cocktail to honor all things Miami
What does hospitality mean to you?
Hospitality creates an experience for someone, a lasting and core memory they will take with them. It’s about them, not you!
Grab your tools, and let's make it together!
Video by Nate Laird @Jagerlifeatx